I picked Aliyah up from her 2nd day of school a little over an hour ago. I put Kinsley down for a nap as soon as we got home. I then went through Aliyah's backpack with her and we talked about her day and what is coming up next week. She sang a song for me that she learned today....soooo cute!! After we were done, I went downstairs to switch the laundry. When I came back up she had the dining room table all set up like school and she (of course) is the teacher...lol. I'm sitting on the couch checking the weather on Brandon's laptop, while listening to her chatter away at her "students." She keeps turning the light off and telling them that they need to get quiet....haha! It's these moments that I just LOVE being a Mommy. Watching her imitate her teacher so innocently and play so well with herself just melts my heart. She has always been excellent at entertaining herself and therefore she has an awesome imagination! I just love her to pieces! She's checking their work right now and telling them how well they did =). Needless to say, she LOVES Kindergarten! She has the next 2 days off due to our town's carnival (yes, they get out of school for that). She can't wait to go back on Monday. I just hope she continues to love school as much as she does now. I know she's going to do great this year. She's smart, funny, sweet and she makes me proud!
PS. My laptop is still broken. The ordered part didn't fix it. It's insured but my insurance guy isn't going to be happy to hear that it's broken... In the meantime, I think I'm going to have to use the desktop to edit (the best I can) and post some pictures b/c I'm getting WAY behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment