Friday, December 31, 2010

So Long 2010!

2010. What a year. It's been a year full of ups and downs and anything in between. Here's a quick rundown of the good and the bad...

Some good things:

* Aliyah turned 6 and celebrated with a skating party.


* She also got to celebrate her birthday by taking her Daddy to the Girl Scouts Daddy-Daughter dance.


* In March, we welcomed Emersyn Grace. Our 3rd girl!!


* Aliyah completed Kindergarten in May and officially became a 1st grader.


* Kinsley turned 2 in June and we celebrated with an ice cream sundae party.


* Aliyah won Little Miss Firecracker.


*Then she won Little Miss Old Settlers. Needless to say, she's been in quite a few parades this year and she's enjoyed it!


* Aliyah started 1st grade. She has learned to read this year and she loves reading aloud. She has already read several chapter books!


* In September, we celebrated wedding #1 with Jaimann and Steph!


*Just 3 weeks later, wedding #2 took place with Matt and Alora. 2 weddings 3 weeks apart was oh so much fun! Aliyah, Kinsley, and I were in both weddings and Brandon was also an usher in Matt and Alora's wedding. It was a busy year!!


*In December, I started a new part-time job as a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor through the health department. I love the job.

Some not-so-good happenings of 2010 were:

* My father passed away November 1. It was by far the worst thing I have ever experienced. This is the last picture I took of him. He is holding Emmy here, only the 2nd time he got to see her. We visisted him one more time after this picture. I miss you Daddy and I love you.

*Not even 2 weeks after my father passed away, Brandon's grandfather passed away.
*Then on December 8, our dear pastor Diane Bigley passed away at the young age of 47. She was not only a pastor, she was like family to so many people and she is dearly missed. I was lucky enough to photography her family just 2 weeks before she passed away. I am so thankful I was able to take their pictures and I know they will treasure them forever.
*I got to experience my very first ambulance ride on Christmas Eve. I was having stroke-like symptoms. The CT scan taken at the ER that night was normal. However, since I've been experiencing really bad headaches for 2 weeks, they are concerned and I have since then had an MRI. I am scheduled for an EEG next week. I am not able to drive until they figure out what is going on so that really stinks. Hopefully they figure out what's going on soon.
It wasn't too bad of a year until the last couple of months. Hopefully 2011 will bring more happiness and less heartache for our family.
*May 2011 bring health and happiness to you and your family!

No comments: