So....like I said Miss Aliyah starts preschool next week. She is way more than excited!! Every night before bed she asks if she starts school tomorrow and every night this mommy wants to say yes but I have to say "nope, only x number of days and then you will start school." Of course, that's not what she wants to hear. We bought her some new school clothes over the weekend and she has worn all of them already. She just couldn't wait to wear them. I'm a little sad about her starting school but also very glad. She is more than ready but I just can't believe she is old enough to go to school already. What happened to my first little baby?!
Kinsley has turned 2 months old already. Again, where does the time go?! I just can't believe it! I took this on the day she turned 2 months. I will have more 2 month pics to share but I will save those for another post.

Of course turning 2 months old means getting that first set of dreaded shots. This mommy doesn't do good with her babies getting shots. With Aliyah, I never even stayed in the room when she got her shots...Daddy always took her in while I stayed right outside the room. I can't stand needles and the thought of them poking my baby just hurts too much. However, Daddy couldn't go with us last Friday when Kinsley got her shots. I had to be a big girl and stay with Kinsley while she got her shots. I even held her on my lap while she got 3 shots in her chubber little legs. The poor little thing cried so hard she held her breath for way too long. I have to admit, I started crying right along with her. It makes me think of all the parents out there that have sick little ones that have to get poked with several needles a day or endure grueling procedures on a regular basis. I just thank God that he has given me 2 perfectly healthy girls. Kinsley got 1 shot in 1 leg and 2 in the other. Other than crying during the shots and being a bit fussy for a few hours afterwards, she did really well.
Just look at that chubby little leg!

She was right back to being as happy as she always is in just a few hours.

Just in case you're wondering what her shirts says, here's a pic of it.

Aunt Gabriella (my youngest sister) got that for her ;) I love how her belly hangs over her jeans in that shot. And you can see the rolls on her arms =)
The same day Kinsley got her shots, Aliyah started running a fever. Thankfully it only lasted about 24 hours and she had no other symptoms other than lying on the couch all day. Oh, and being a bit whiny and grumpy ;)

I know that's not a happy face but I secretly love that pic. It's totally her when she's not happy.
I still have photos of my new 'do to post and share but haven't gotten around to getting them off the camera. Hopefully I will be picking up my camera a whole lot more this weekend. My brother and his family are coming up to have lunch with us this Sunday. Aliyah is excited to play with her cousins. My brother lives almost 2 hours away so we don't get to see them much. Then Monday, we will be headed to the local Labor Day parade.
No comments:
Post a Comment