I think I blurred Brandon too much in this shot but I still like it.
.jpg)
Thought I would focus on Brandon for a shot.
.jpg)
Then Miss Aliyah decided she wanted me to take her picture in front of a tree. I thought this was unusual but I went along with it.
.jpg)
.jpg)
After I snapped just a few she says, "Mommy, can I have some chocolate now?" Little stinker had a motive for why she wanted her picture taken. I think I've bribed her a few too many times with chocolate ;)
And now on with the other random stuff....
Aliyah finally got over her sickies last Sunday but we stayed home the entire weekend. It was nasty weather (cold and rainy) and I didn't want to take her out being sick. It was a long weekend. I'm not one to sit in the house for an entire weekend. But we survived ;)
It was a rather boring week last week. I didn't feel like getting my camera out much. I did a couple times, but nothing good came out of it. I really hope I don't feel like this the rest of my pregnancy. I hope I come out of this rut rather quickly. I don't like it.
Our week did end with some excitement when we were woken up at approximately 4:37 am Friday morning. The reason? An EARTHQUAKE! Yeah. The first Earthquake that I have ever experienced and hopefully the last. An Earthquake is not something you usually experience living in Illinois. It was the talk of the town for most of the weekend. I've heard so many Earthquake stories, like how people woke up, what they did, and what they thought it was. Here's our story:
I woke up to our bed shaking and soon realized the entire house was shaking. Something was banging rather loudly in the other end of our house but I never did figure out what it was. Brandon quickly sat up in bed, looked around and said "what is that?" I was lying completely still with the covers pulled all the way up to right underneath my eyes. I was scared. Everything finally stopped shaking and I said "Was that an earthquake?" Brandon replies "I dunno" and he laid back down, rolled over, and went right back to sleep like nothing ever happend. I didn't sleep good the rest of the night. I kept thinking it was going to happen again. I just had all these thoughts running through my head like "do we have earthquake insurance?" (pretty sure we don't. I called our insurance guy but haven't heard back yet) "what do you and where do you go in an earthquake?" "was it just our house or the whole town or like the whole state?" I was thinking some pretty crazy stuff. Almost everyone that I have talked to said their husband got out of bed to check outside and check things out in the house. Not my husband. He went right back to sleep. We got confirmation that it was indeed an earthquake at 7am when Brandon's mom called to ask him if he felt it. Apparently there have been numerous aftershocks but I haven't felt any of them and that is totally fine with me. Surprisingly, Aliyah slept through the whole thing. We never heard a peep out of her or the dog.
Tomorrow, I will give an update on how the pregnancy is going. I was 30 weeks on Friday and I go to the doctor on Wed. morning for a 3D/4D ultrasound. Hopefully we will start on the baby's room this weekend. We're running out of time...
13 comments:
That is too darn cute! So great how you snapped those at different f-stops. :)
Great DOF. what cute shots..
Wow... YOu got some great perspectives in these shots! Great job.
Ha! She's got your number. Love the different perspectives of the chainsaw photos.
LOL! Chocolate! LOL!
SO cute! I like your focusing and DOF... very storytelling!
OK, Aaliyah cutting wood in her purple dress just takes the cake! That is hilarious AND adorable!
Good luck at the ultrasound tomorrow! How exciting!
So cute, helping her daddy out!! So funny, she knows she'll get some chocolate if she plays nice with the camera... i'm going to have to try that, lol.
I actually REALLy like the perspective to that second shot, something different and unexpected.
Love to see her helping her dad. Fun shots!
so funny! I love how you did a comparision shot while playing with the dof
That is just too cute. I love the way you did one of each of them in focus!
Love the two different perspectives!
Post a Comment