Friday, April 11, 2008

Sickies

Poor Miss Aliyah is sick :( About 2-3 weeks ago, she had a sore throat and was running a fever. I took her to the doctor and it wasn't strep but she had some white patches in her throat so the dr gave her an antibiotic (the good pink liquid stuff :) She was feeling all better after only a few doses of the antibiotic. She finished all the medicine like you're supposed to just last week. She really liked that stuff. If I forgot to give it to her, she was reminding me ;)

The beginning of this week, she started complaining about her throat again. She kept telling me I needed to call the dr so she could get more bubble gum medicine. I thought she was just trying to get more medicine so I kind of ignored her. Wednesday evening she wasn't feeling good for a couple hours but Thursday she was fine. Thursday evening I was cooking supper and realized I hadn't heard her for a while. I went to check on her and found her asleep on the couch!! She doesn't ever sleep during the day anymore so I began to wonder if she was sick. Sure enough when she woke up, she had a fever of 102. I gave her some Motrin and within an hour, she was back to herself again. She was fine the rest of the evening. She went to bed as usual around 9:30. She woke up at 2:30 a.m. crying with a fever of 103. I gave her Tylenol and asked if she wanted to sleep in bed with me. Surprisingly she said no so I put her back to bed. At 10:00 this morning she was still not out of bed. Totally not like her. I went to check on her and I woke her up. She was burning up. 103.4 temp. I didn't want to take the chance of not going to the dr with the weekend coming up so I called and got an appt right away. She still had the 103 temp when we got there so they gave her some Motrin. Checked her throat, ears, lungs, etc and everything checked out fine. "It's probably just a virus." I love our dr but I HATE when they say that. So we came home and she played all afternoon as if nothing was wrong. I thought I had wasted a trip to the doctor. Just a little before 5:00 this evening, she crawled up on the couch again and fell asleep for a little while. Fever came back so I gave her more Tylenol. She has been on the couch all evening...crying off and on about her throat. She fell asleep before 9:00 (again, so not like her). I just hate when she is sick. Especially when I don't really know what's wrong. Obviously her throat hurts but I feel like there's nothing I can do except shove Tylenol and Motrin down her throat, which only temporarily gets rid of the sickies.

I realize it could be a lot worse. I could be cleaning up puke every hour or so. And for that I am grateful. Like I said, I just hate when she is sick. I wish I could take her place.

My sick baby asleep on the couch :( Still so sweet!


9 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh, so sorry she is sick! That is no fun at all. I hope she feels better soon. Those pictures of her are just priceless, though!

Jess said...

Poor little thing! I hate that she's still sick! The helpless feeling is just horrible isnt' it. I hope she feels better VERY soon!

Val said...

Awwwww poor baby

Anonymous said...

aww my little nugget is sick too! she looks so sweet..you cant help but feel bad! sweet shots.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Oh poor thing. I hope she is better in no time.

Krista P said...

Aww, makes you want to scoop her up and hug her. Poor thing.

Becky said...

Poor girl! This too shall pass. Hang in there!

Suzy said...

I'm so sorry she's so sick.. Poor sweetie.. We just went through something similar and that pink stuff was flowing around here to! LOL at her reminding you to give her the meds! These are very sweet shots and I hope she feels better very soon!!

Sharon said...

Poor little one. I hope she feels better soon.