Sunday, August 24, 2008

In Loving Memory

Sadly, Brandon's maternal grandfather passed away Saturday morning. I'm not going to post details but Brandon and most of his family was able to visit his with grandpa Friday night at the hospital. I did not get to go due to Aliyah being sick with a fever and Kinsley not doing well due to getting her first set of shots Friday morning. I had to stay home with them. I really wish that I could have gone.




*These are just a few things about Brandon's grandpa...


He was the sweetest little old man that I have ever met.
He was always so willing to help anyone that needed anything.
He was always smiling.
He loved farming and tractors.
He was very frugal.
He could build anything he wanted to.
He loved his family dearly.



These next couple of days are going to be extremely difficult for the entire family. I just pray that God will give everyone strength. Aliyah is confused as to what is going on. She has been asking a lot of questions. We have tried to explain things the best we can but it's all very hard to comprehend for a 4-year-old. I don't think we are going to take her to the funeral. I just think it would be too difficult for her to see everyone so upset. We are going to take her to the visitation tomorrow night so lets hope that goes ok. She has been asking where he is. She knew he was in the hospital and that Daddy was going to visit him but I don't think she gets the fact that he is no longer with us. I'm just thankful that she is old enough to remember him. She is the oldest great-grandchild. It makes me extremely sad that Kinsley won't remember him.

I'm so thankful that we have these photos of him with our girls. I really wish that we had more.

Grandpa and Grandma with Aliyah



Grandpa with Kinsley

6 comments:

Joanne Fowler said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You have some wonderful captures here.

Reds said...

So sorry for your loss. Happy that you have photos to remember him by.

Kerry said...

So sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was a wonderful man.

Jess said...

Oh no... I am SO sorry to hear this! I pray for peace and strength for you and for your family in this time of grief. I know it doesn't take the pain away, but remember there are lots of people out here who love you and are thinking of you. {{{hugs}}}

Angela2932 said...

Such wonderful words about Brandon's grandpa. . . sorry about your loss.

Becky said...

So sorry for your loss.