Eating her yummy oatmeal.


Showing off her cool new backpack that Daddy did such a good job picking out at 9:30 last night...thanks to Mommy.

Off we go...

Walking to the door of the school/church. She attends pre-school at our church.

I thought she would have no problems with me leaving her there. I was wrong. She was a bit intimidated by all the parents standing around and the little kids that she didn't know. I walked around with her a bit....looked at some books, checked out the class fish, and just checked things out. When it was time for me to go, I tried to take her backpack off to hang it up and she wouldn't let me. She wanted to wear it. After pointing out that all the other kids had taken their backpacks off, I convinced her to take hers off. When I went to tell her bye, she clung to me and wanted me to hold her. That is so unlike her, I felt bad. I explained to her that I would be back to get her and that she would have fun. I walked her over to a couple other girls that we playing puzzles and the teacher's aide got her involved with doing the puzzles and then she was ok with me leaving. Thank God b/c I really didn't want to leave her there crying. Of course when I picked her up, she told me all about her day. What they did, what they had for snack which were popscicles...her favorite and she had a white one ;) She even made a new friend, named Kaylee. Then she came home and was pretending to be a teacher the rest of the day. She's pretty excited about tomorrow b/c they get to take their favorite stuffed animals and she's taking her Build-A-Bear that she got at the zoo over the summer. She's all ready dressed with all her accessories and ready to go to school with Aliyah tomorrow.
6 comments:
How exciting! Glad to hear day #1 was a success, and here's to many more! :)
Awww, very exciting. My son started kindergarten on Tuesday:) It was a bittersweet moment for me.
Great shots.
Shawna (shawkrem)
What a great smile - glad her day went well and that she enjoyed school!
Ahhh...first days are always a bit intimidating, but I am glad she is looking forward to tomorrow. She is so cute on her first day.
she looks so focused while eating her breakfast. i hope the next days go as well for you.
SHe looks so cute--glad she had a good first day!
Post a Comment