Friday, February 19, 2010

almost prepared

Tomorrow my "baby" girl will turn SIX! Every parent hears a million times "Enjoy them now b/c they grow up fast." At first I just brushed that comment to the side and I would grin. But oh, how that statement is so completely true. It feels like just yesterday that we brought her home from the hospital. Six means she is on her way to ten and that deeply saddens me. I was ok with five, but six...I'm not ok with six at all.

We have a big day planned tomorrow. Aliyah gets her hair done at 10am for the Daddy/Daughter dance that she and Brandon will be attending tomorrow night. We are having a skating party from 2-4 and then her and Brandon will be off to dance the night away at 5:30. I hope the day goes smoothly. The cupcakes are made, party favors are a work in progress, decorations are ready to go, and Brandon is on his way home with this. I still need to pick up the balloons and ice cream in the morning and then we are ready.

The birthday girl in all her sleeping glory. (Took this a couple of nights ago when I went in to check on her before going to bed myself. She reminds me of Brandon in this picture. He almost always sleeps with his arms up, just like this.)

1 comment:

Vita said...

Hope she has a happy birthday.