I've got milk, eggs, bread, candles, flashlights, batteries, and jugs of water. Bring it, Mother Nature!! I'm ready for you! Just please don't take my power away!
Aliyah was still sick today so she was home from school again. I'm glad she didn't go to school b/c they ended up dismissing early in anticipation for the big storm coming and I would have been a complete basket case if she were on a school bus in this weather. I probably would have ended up going to pick her up, which isn't much better on my nerves b/c I do not like driving in this crap. I did have to get out earlier today to go get more Motrin, a couple candles, and some batteries. It wasn't too bad when I was out but we've gotten some ice since then. I am so, so thankful that Brandon only has to go 2 blocks to work. If he had to drive a long distance, I wouldn't let him go. I'm downright paranoid about driving in this stuff. I'm good if I have power and don't have to go anywhere.
We didn't do much of anything today, just laid around and watched some TV.
One thing I didn't think about in preparation for the winter storm was activities for the girls. I've got to come up with special activities for them to do or they just might end up driving me bonkers! Anyone have a good, easy recipe for homemade finger paints? Or anything else that's not too messy?

No comments:
Post a Comment