Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE snow days!! It's a great opportunity to cuddle with my girls in our jammies, drink hot chocolate, and of course play in the snow! And that's exactly what we did today.

First, I woke up this morning to the sound of "mama, maaaaa-ma, mama" coming from Kinsley's room. Nothing sweeter than that. She was ready to get up. Aliyah is such a good girl in the morning. If she wakes up before anyone else (which is usually every non-school morning), she will quietly play in her room until we get up. Kinsley usually doesn't make much noise in the morning either. Most of the time when I go in to get her in the morning, she will be sitting or still laying down just looking at the ceiling playing with one of her beloved blankies. (Yes, we now have more than one blankie...just in case one gets lost forever, we are covered ;) I am definitly blessed to have good sleepers =)!

We all got up this morning, had some breakfast, and then did a little of this.




She was watching Aliyah do something. I think she was dancing around being a goofball =)


Miss K got upset about something (I can't even remember what) so she had so come get some snuggles from Mama. I took this while she was sitting in my lap. Love those lashes!!


After we played around the house a while, we bundled up and headed out to do some sledding. Kinsley absolutely LOVED playing in the snow and riding down the hill on the sled. I think she could have stayed outside all day if I had let her.


She had a smile on her face pretty much the entire time we were outside.


We went sledding with my sister and her fiance, Matt. He's going to be a good uncle to our girls =).






As much as I tried to get her to look at me, it wasn't going to happen so I had to settle with this.
She waited so patiently each time it was Aliyah's turn to go down on the sled. She would just watch Aliyah at the top of the hill but as soon as Aliyah got back, Kinsley was all smiles and all over that sled =)
This is Matt laying on a POND! Crazy guy!
I managed to get a good one out of her =)

I'm so excited tomorrow is another snow day!! *woot-woot!* Now I just have to decide if I want to drive alone with both girls to my dr's appt in the morning or if I should reschedule and stay home...

No comments: